Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the sun came back!

Sorry it has been a while since I've written anything! I guess there wasn't a lot to write about since I was sick and then it was raining...rain rain rain.
However yesterday and today were beautiful! It's funny how after a few days of rain the sun seems like such an incredible thing, as if it was the first time we had seen it and felt its magic! Makes me happy. There are a couple holes in the paper door in front of the window in my room so when I wake up and it's a nice day, I can see a little patch of blue shine through.

I peeled a lot of persimmons last week and we hung them in the dome to dry out for two months but since it rained for a few days after we put them up they got a little moldy so yesterday I dipped each string of persimmons in a pot of boiling water and hung them up again. I hope that fixes them right up and they are delicious by New Years!

I guess I didn't do a lot of work yesterday, in fact since a friend of Muto-san's showed up just as we were about to start a new project (and apparently whenever this friend comes they talk for hours) I got to go to my room and...take a nap:) I wasn't feeling too hot so I guess it was perfect timing!
I had told Hiro I would like to go watch badminton that night so I went with him in the evening. They are good! I was kind of surprised, to be honest. Badminton for me is playfully bopping a birdie around at a party and half the time...it goes out or I miss it completely. So seeing real badminton was actually shocking. Hiro has been playing since middle school. A woman who is considered a beginner was there and she hit with me for a little bit before a real game. I didnt have shoes so I watched the game. She was a little older than mom but made me feel very welcome. She said if I brought shoes next time I could play. I knew I brought my running shoes for a reason (though it wasn't because I'd go running...)! So next week I will probably go again.

Today I got to weed. Not big weeds. The little tiny tiny weeds that hardly seem to matter:) It was calming, though, I guess. It was at a bed I hadn't gone to before, surrounded by bamboo and completely cut off from the everything else. Usually I study the "traffic" that goes by but this time I just listened for it through wind. It was a very windy day. I didn't have a watch and it was 1 I had to use the restroom and found Muto-san had made lunch already! I felt bad but lunch was great, french toast! I ate mine with honey and it was quite delicious. Then I weeded again.

I'm officially friends with Miki, the cat. And I'm very happy about it. I actually worked at it whenever I could and now she will let me pet her. So this afternoon I spent about 20 minutes relaxing with her in the sun and it was very pleasant. I love cats. Maybe too much.

Muto-san and I ran errands just now and went to Ajisen Ramen! yum:) At the moment I'm trying to skype mom but I am not an expert and...she isn't either so it is a little difficult to find one another in cyber space...

Hopefully it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment