Thursday, November 3, 2011

people came to see the wwoofer!

Yesterday was an interesting day. Two people came to visit me. One was a man that I have seen taking care of the cows and his daughter. The other was a guy who lives nearby and apparently always comes here to Yamaai Mura when there are WWOOFers.

I was a little shocked when I saw a girl about my age step out of the truck. It turns out we are basically the same age, she is older than me by a month. She is still in high school nearby but yesterday was a holiday so she came to the farm to help her father with cows. Her name is Kana, Kana-chan. We chatted about a variety of things, our families, our dreams, our pets, our farm experiences...she brought two grilled sweet potatoes and we enjoyed them while playing with her dog, who was very friendly and energetic. She wants to go out to eat and hang out sometime and I think we are going to settle for next Friday. I'm glad that I have a chance to make a friend my age! Everyone thinks I'm very young, being eighteen, and I think everyone is older. It's still fun but I'm happy to have met her. She wants to be an actress and since I want to make movies we decided we could collaborate. Sounds good to me!

After she left another guy showed up on his motorcycle. His name is Makoto-san. I thought at first he came to see Muto-san so I told him that Muto-san was in the kitchen but he kept saying I just came to hang out, which was the truth. We chatted for almost two hours before Muto-san and I brought out lunch (because we hadn't eaten due to the visitors and it was almost 3:00!) and he said that he'd come back later. He was a very interesting character, more blunt and outspoken than most Japanese people I've met. Later that day we had made dinner and had finished up and we decided that Makoto-san was not going to come tonight. However, at around 9:00 PM we heard a car pull up. Makoto-san was back! This time with a lot of goodies. He had bought all kinds of chocolates (literally, 6 different kinds), chips, rice crackers and beer for Muto-san. He has a crazy phone, I guess it is a different version of i-phone, I'm not an expert on all the different phones and what not but it was pretty crazy all it could do. We had to use the dictionary application on it but he just had me say a word in English into the phone and it could recognize it and translate it into Japanese! That's pretty darn useful, I must say. Muto-san was very interested in it. Hiro has a similar phone (perhaps the exact same thing) and he told me earlier that Muto-san was interested in buying one, but we joked if he'd be able to work it! (I don't think I can...). But I think he is really serious about getting the crazy phone, especially since his cell phone is breaking now.

Today...more rice sorting. I'm going to get to paint a mural on one side of the storage house so I might like to start on that soon too. Other than that, I'm just eating a lot of chocolate since there is still some from last night...hehe:)
chocolate<3

No comments:

Post a Comment