Thursday, September 8, 2011

9.8.11

Okay. 2 weeks. Tomorrow mom is taking me to get my visa...my passport picture looks AWFUL! Too bad that will be on my visa as well. My eyes are half closed, my hair looks grey and I have the dopiest grin on...super duper. 

I'm still collecting stuff to take. I'm throwing it in a laundry basket as i think of different things. A list would be good...luckily I can always purchase things there...but it's difficult to get in that mindset. The dilema I'm really having at this point is which bags to take. Which combination would be most efficient? I think I should pack everything in both ways and see what I like most after walking around my house and outside for 20 minutes or something.


In my spare time I've done some pretty cool things. I cleaned my room! The inside of my closet is empty enough to hide my laundry basket there. I cleaned out the scariest junk drawers ever. I had been stuffing things in there for as long as I remember! Besides melty cough drops it was pretty easy to tidy up. I cleared one shelf on my desk for my "sentimental things". Rocks, sticks, leaves and little things I've collected from different places. A round rock from our Senior Class Trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes (which was well worth all the pain and struggling it took to make it happen...), a cool piece of wood from work, an acorn from the Lake View Cemetery where Dad took us the day before we were leaving for the Appalachian Trail (first time). A mountain goat vertebrae that I found on a mountain top in Alaska, pebbles from Alaska and the Appalachian Trail. An old arrowhead from my grandfather's collection... you can get the picture. I'm a little silly sometimes...overly sentimental I'd say. But I'm still glad I've kept all the many items that I have now...it's nice to have things from different places, like instant memories...(that and photographs of course...I have a billion of those too). I went to drug mart and printed out 130 photos...for about $20. That was such a deal! Plus I'd bought an album there for $4.99 the week before. Incredible! I put them in the album. But then I took 24 out because I filled up this mini album I'm taking to Japan to show people who my family is and what my life is here. Maybe everyone will want to see it...maybe I'll never take it out. Either way, I can always have it to look at:)


I've also done a painting. It is of Gena smiling at me in the window seat of a bus with passing Denali National Park trees behind her. She is hold a yellow lollipop that matches some of the highlight colors on her face and the scenery. All very golden and rich with black borders-high contrast-super! My painting is...eh. I had to change the composition to fit the canvas...not so good anymore. Plus I can't get her mouth right...


This weekend I have a couple things on my to do list. PACK. And teach Wen Chao how to ride a bike, our exchange student from China. We went to Dale's and Michael bought a used bike for him. The man there saw that Wen Chao couldn't ride. He said "Doesn't everyone ride bikes in China?" Everyone except... Wen Chao apparently:) It should be fun, hopefully he wont get too banged up.

No comments:

Post a Comment