Wednesday, September 21, 2011

9.21.11

Takachan is sleeping...she must be blocking out the light!
I am leaving tomorrow. Finally Japan is here, pretty crazy if you ask me. I'm packed and I have gifts ready for people in Japan. I made Ema (my cousin) and Misaki (Ema's friend and she is like family to us)bags with their names on it. Simple gift...I hope they like it. 
    
   Finally the sun is out! It has been raining all morning, grey, dreary...a typhoon is hitting Japan right now, but it is supposed to be done by the time we get there. Still, a little bit scary.

My Dad had a bunch of friends over last night for dinner as a get together before I leave. It was really nice with plenty of good food and company. It is nice when you know that there are people who truly care about you... I wont feel too alone in Japan since I can think of people here!

I will miss many people...and also my cats:) Most people have dogs in Japan, so I will miss my babies. Here is a link to a video I made about two of them... http://vimeo.com/27576166.
My other cat is at Dad's house, her name is Kitty (above). She is a very interesting cat...abandoned by a college student, Dad starting feeding her and she started coming into our house sometimes, then she was in our house a lot and sleeping with us at night. We named her Kitty...because we are a very creative family. After our last beautiful calico, Kiki, passed away it is nice having another crazy Kitty in the house to keep us company:)

Today, Elijah is 16. He has a great outfit for Homecoming plus a date! Tonight we are celebrating his birthday...and saying good bye. I cleaned out my room at Dads because Wen Chao will be staying there until Mom and Michael return. A house full of boys! I hope they will have a good time, I'm sure they will.

Molly is coming to pick us up quite early tomorrow to take us to the airport. Thank you Molly! 

Then we are off to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment