Sunday, September 18, 2011

9.18.11

I only have three full days left in Oberlin. 
Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday. 
It has been interesting saying good bye to people, but in reality, I will be back in a blink. Everyone will be so busy, it might be like I never left! 
I got together with friends all together for the first time since they started college (here in Oberlin). It was a lot of fun:)


I worked my last day of work on Saturday at the garden center. The girl who I "trained" the last couple times I'd worked was there and we finished up a few things. She is very wonderful and I think she will be a good replacement for me this fall. Though she is only 15, I am convinced she is secretly older, she is so mature! I will miss Locke's, it will probably be the best job I ever have. Chuck and Monica are absolutely wonderful, especially since they have managed to put up with me for the past couple years! I will hopefully be back to work in the spring:)


I went to the Bandarama in Avon Lake to watch the OHS marching band for the last time till next year. Elijah, my little brother, plays the bass drum. It is his first year, but he really loves it. It is fun to see him out there in the marching band uniform, too cool. Oberlin did very well, as usual. Since I'd never really seen other marching bands it was neat to see a few others there as well. A couple of the bands were twice the size of my graduating class!


Next week is homecoming week at the high school. It's been fun getting the boys ready for the dance, I wish I could be there to send them off and take embarrassing pictures...perhaps next year!
They are all so cute in their dress clothes:) 


I am basically packed. Suitcase sitting on my floor filled with stuff. Well, since it's six months, I don't feel too bad about what I am taking. I have 4 shirts, one pair of jeans, a pair of quick dry pants, cardigan, fat sweater...one tank top...mmmmm I think that's almost it. I plan to buy a couple essentials in Japan, like socks. For some reason, Japan has THE best socks. They are not only cute and cheap, but also good quality. Awesome. 


I was stopped while walking by someone who saw that I had an OHS sweatshirt on. He said "You went to Oberlin High?" I said yes, I graduated in the spring. "So you know my son..." We talked for a while. He asked why I was still here, I said because I'm going to Japan. He told me what an amazing opportunity this is, that I was blessed to have this chance to go to Japan and visit my mother's family and learn about my heritage. 
Something about the way he talked to me made me feel...elated. Like someone just sucked all the worry and fear out of my future, leaving behind a beautiful, bright and very promising life ahead of me. 


I hopped down the rest of the street, happy and reassured. 
Everything is going to be OK. Even the bad will eventually be good. 
I am invincible! My life is incredible. 
Japan will be wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment